Monday, February 6, 2012

welcome to Karim



These are two of my new friends – Benjamin and Gaston – first year anesthesia residents.

Terri and Lauren are back in Canada and Karim arrived yesterday.  His flight was messed up by the snow in Europe and his luggage didn't come with him.  Fortunately, it has been found and he's off to the airport to retrieve it.  Karim gets great bonus points for initiative.  He grabbed a cab at the airport and asked for the Merez petrol station in Nyamirambo (the closest thing we have to an address).  He found a guy with a cell phone and called me from there.

We had academic day today and, as always, the residents are very keen to learn.  I spent some time discussing their various research projects.  Each one must complete a project during residency.

I get quite sad when my time in Rwanda starts coming to an end.  It never feels long enough.  It has been a pleasure to teach such a great group of guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment